How To Start a Video or Audio Podcast
This course is really 2 courses in 1:
- Part 1 shows you how to quickly and easily create a video podcast and submit it to iTunes for sharing globally.
- Part 2 takes you behind the scenes of my popular video podcast and reveals all the simple tech I use, the strategy I chose when setting it up, the process I used to gain free media exposure and the various ways I make money from my show.
Hi, my name's James Burchill and in December 2017 (after noting the increasing reach of podcasting and the rise of online video,) I decided to launch my own video podcast and committed to a weekly schedule - a new episode published every Friday at 9 am Eastern. To date I've produced 37 video (10-15 minute) episodes of my Smartcar Coffee Confidential Show (the name of my video podcast.)
During the first year I also secured local news media coverage (and a weekly syndication deal on their social media and main website channels.) I also published a branded domain: http://CoffeeConfidential.tv and launched a YouTube series, and now have the show airing weekly on our local Cogeco Cable TV network (with an ongoing syndication deal through to the summer of 2019.)
If you'd like to launch your own successful video (or audio) podcast, enrol right away because I explain how I did it and how you can too. After all, creating a video podcast is one thing (and I teach you how to do it quickly and efficiently,) but if no one watches your show, what's the point? We will cover that too, and how you can monetize your show if you wish.
Finally, I take you behind the scenes and show you my entire podcasting setup and framework, the tools I use to make publishing my video podcast a breeze, the website tech I use to host my video podcast, how I got my video podcast listed on Apple iTunes and more.
I look forward to sharing all this with you, and once you've secured your entrance in to this course, you are assured free updates and life-time access too.
James Burchill, Show Host & Video Producer
The Smartcar Coffee Confidential Show
PS. Just Google "Smartcar Coffee Confidential" and you'll get a sense of what my local show is about ... you may even laugh out-loud!
Here's What You'll Learn In This Training:
- How to make video and audio podcasts
- How to podcast for FREE
- How to publish a new episode in 10 minutes or less
- What podcasting technology is required (it's surprisingly little!)
- How to make money with your podcast
- How to get your podcast in the news (and possibly into a weekly story)
- How to turn your video podcast into a local TV show
- How to publish your podcast to iTunes and other platforms
- You will need something to capture and record audio and/or video - could be your smartphone, your tablet or your computer. Since you are viewing this page, you already have what you need!
- You should be comfortable using your computer along with storing or organizing your files, particularly your audio and video recordings for your podcast
- You should have some experience using the Internet, specifically finding websites, filling out forms and sending emails
- All training is shown on a Mac computer (the Mojave OS.) If you use a PC, the functionality of creating a podcast is the same, specific software for audio and video editing will be different
You're Perfect For This Training:
- If you've ever wondered how to create a video or audio Podcast, this course will show you fun, easy ways to Podcast
- No previous experience with video or audio podcasting required
- Anyone looking to launch a successful video or audio podcast
- Entrepreneurs and small businesses looking to add an innovative way to reach their local community for lead and revenue generation
- Ideal for knowledge experts, speakers, coaches, authors, small businesses, entrepreneurs, Coursepreneurs and local businesses
James is a fan of the side hustle and finds words and technology fascinating. He loves systems, productivity and marketing automation. When he's not speaking or coaching, he divides his time between writing, creating courses, producing videos and consulting.
Before starting his own business, James worked in technology as a programmer and climbed his way up to VP before taking the leap into self-employment in 1999.
2019 marks James' 20th year "free" and he attributes a large part of his freedom to passive income from books and courses.
James is also an Evernote Certified Consultant and one of the first Infusionsoft Certified Marketing Automation Coaches in Canada! For fun, James produces various local b2b networking and social events supporting his hometown of Burlington, ON.